Current Career Objective
Seeking to learn and grow in experience as a web developer as well as try various new experiences and help people in my career life.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (May 2011)
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Courses: Web Development and Web Software Architecture, Algorithms, Natural Language, Interactive Machinima, Models of Computation, Image Processing Basics/Photoshop, Database Systems
Course Project: Team Leader, BluBox Application – As a team leader researached, developed, and helped coordinate efforts of BluBox, a music player/game application that took and use Mp3 information to create a unique interactive gaming experience.
Computer Literacy: Windows Operating System, minor experience with Linux
Software: Microsoft Office Professional Package, Perforce Version Control System, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 – 2015, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, BlueJ, Notepad++, Minor experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Business systems knowledge: typing (approximately 56 WMP), photocopiers, scanners
- A strong motivation and perseverance to succeed
- A willingness to learn from my mistakes as best as I can, accept criticism, and get better at what I do
- Following commands and orders and never being afraid to ask for help or ask questions
- Compassion and willingness to help whenever needed.
Web Developer II at Salt Lake Community College (February 16, 2016 – Current)
Web Developer at TreeHouse Interactive / Impartner (September 19, 2011 – February 12, 2016 )
Food Service Worker at Jordan Commons Theatre/Concessions (June 06, 2006 – November 18th, 2011)
Work and responsibilities included presenting options to patrons about menu items, cooking and serving food items to patrons, and communicating with guests. This also involved learning how to work with and manage a team in a stressful work environment and working directly with money and sales.
Grand Knight of Knights of Columbus council at St. Vincent de Paul Parish (July 1, 2014 – Current)
Position elected yearly by a Knights council and responsible for the welfare and and well-being of the council and the associated community. This includes taking care of and planning miscellaneous functions in and around a church for various groups and charities, fostering an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork in a fraternal environment, and establishing and meeting goals in a yearly time frame. Meetings and schedules are planned as well as appointing members to high-ranking positions, making sure to meet financial obligations, and overseeing exemplifications and report creation. Minor experience with working with children and schools.
Achievements and Leadership
- President of National Society of Collegiate Scholars, University of Utah (Sept. 2008 – May 2011)
- Knights of Columbus 4th Degree (April 2009 – Current)
- Eagle Scout (Achieved March 2005)
- Golden Key Honor Society
Interests and Hobbies
- Web Development, Responsive Design, and Website Programming
- Human and Computer Interaction
- Video and media creation particularly in music and machinina
- Reading and Writing, blogging and reviewing miscellaneous media (TV, movies, etc.)
- Knights of Columbus and living out my strong Catholic faith in my daily life
- Helping friends, family, loved ones, and people to the best of my abilities