2017 has been a crazy year full of challenges, hellos and goodbyes, and major accomplishments for me. But as per the norm, I wanted to do a brief closing 2017 post and 2018 goals post before I really get in to the meat of how things are going to change with the blog next year which you’ve probably already been noticing off and on. With that being said, let’s get into my lists for the year:
FAVORITE NEW 2017 FILM: “Wonder Woman” — There were a ton of great films that came out this year but out of all of them, I think ‘Wonder Woman’ was the one that had the most to prove and redeem. It’s not the best film that came out this year but it’s certainly my favorite, the one that I was the most excited to see and be good, and the one that truly proved that something can still come out of the DC Cinematic Universe under the right leadership.
2) “Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi”
4) “Thor: Ragnarok”
5) “The Greatest Showman”
7) “Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2”
8) “Atomic Blonde”
9) “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”
10) “The Lego Batman Movie”
FAVORITE NEW 2017 SHOW: “Doctor Who: Series 10” — There was no other contest here. Series 10 of Doctor Who succeeded with a new companion, start, and a final journey for the Twelfth Doctor bringing us tons of great stories as well as the first Multi-Master adventure on screen.
2) “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” Season 4
3) “Attack on Titan” Season 2
4) “Game of Thrones” Season 7
5) “Bojack Horseman” Season 4
FAVORITE DOCTOR WHO BIG FINISH MOMENT OF 2017: “The War Master: Only The Good” — Out of so many great Big Finish releases this year, this was one that came out of nowhere and swept everything else away with great stories, acting, and direct ties in to both old and new.
2) “The Eighth Doctor: The Time War” Series 1 (Eighth Doctor)
3) “Time in Office” (Fifth Doctor)
4) “The War Doctor: Casualties of War” (War Doctor)
5) “The Ninth Doctor Chronicles” (Ninth Doctor)
6) “The Contingency Club” (Fifth Doctor)
7) “The Silent Scream” (Fourth Doctor)
8) “UNIT: Assembled”
9) “Classic Doctors, New Monsters” Volume 2 (Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Doctor)
10) “The Silurian Candidate” (Seventh Doctor)
FAVORITE MUSIC ALBUM / SOUNDTRACK OF 2017: “After Laughter” by Paramore
2) “RWBY: Volume 4 Soundtrack” by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams
3) “Only Love is Real” by MC Yogi
4) “Anastasia (Original Broadway Cast Recording)” by Original Broadway Cast of Anastasia
5) “The Hamilton Instrumentals” by Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
FAVORITE SONG OF 2017: “Let’s Just Live (feat. Casey Lee Williams)” by Jeff Williams & Casey Lee Williams
2) “Guren No Yumiya” by Linked Horizon
3) “Kung Fu Fighting (Celebration Time)” by Shanghai Roxi Musical Studio Choirs & Metro Voices London
4) “Problem” by Becky G
5) “Little People” by Little Mix
6) “What Took You So Long” by Emma Bunton
7) “Taking Off” by ONE OK ROCK
8) “The Ballad of Mr. Steak” by Kishi Bashi
9) “Zero to Hero” by Jonathan Young
10) “Rose-Colored Boy” by Paramore
TOP 10 PUBLISHED BLOG POSTS OF 2017: (With this specific list, I lost track of my stats about halfway through the year for about 3 months so these may not be entirely accurate. This will be kept a closer eye on in 2018).
1) “Yoga Themes: The Heart Chakra”
2) “Yoga Themes: The Throat Chakra”
3) “Yoga Themes: The Root Chakra”
4) “The Year of the Doctor: The Second Doctor”
5) “A Solar Plexus Meditation”
6) “Top 15 Best “Last Week Tonight” Moments
7) “Movie Review: ‘Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends’ (2015)”
8) “Doctor Who: Big Finish Back Catalog I”
9) “The Year of the Doctor: The Sixth Doctor”
10) “Yoga and Meditation”
TOP PERSONAL 18 GOALS FOR 2018 (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):
1) Grow to love myself more as I reach a new decade (30 years old this year).
2) Find acceptance with the future and what comes a little bit more.
3) Continue to grow with my yoga and meditation life especially in terms of my teaching.
4) Attend a couple of yoga workshops and classes to further my education.
5) Work out, practice yoga, or meditate once a day regardless of what’s going on.
6) Continue to be happy with my own life and not be bothered of what others think of me.
7) Get my posts and reviews out there a little bit more especially my movie reviews.
8) Keep better track of my views, statistics, and comments on social media to better respond as well as allow for stronger and more accurate content.
9) VACATION!! More than once preferably with Vegas, Cedar City, and a few other places being distinct possibilities.
10) Enjoy the hell out of Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018.
11) Continue to work on my writing skills for blog and other pieces.
12) Eat healthier and work on my cooking skills.
13) Finish every book, game, or writing piece that I start.
14) Branch out and find new friends and company.
15) Create a hell of a gaming campaign for my gaming group when the time comes.
16) Hold everyone close and not worry so much about the future.
17) Be thankful and grateful for every day that I exist upon this good Earth.
18) Continue to celebrate and enjoy life with family, friends, and loved ones.
And that’s a wrap for 2018! See you all in the new year. Until next year my dear readers, ~Geronimo!!